There is something special about making a present for someone. Not only is it more valuable because you gave up your time (which is very precious these days), but you truly thought about the person receiving the gift as you created it. I would like to share some simple presents that are easy to make and will warm the hearts of those who receive them.
One of my favorite presents to make for a woman is a delicious smelling sugar scrub. You will need:
- 1 4oz Mason Jar (can be purchased from any craft store or Amazon).
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (can be purchased from any grocery store).
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Organic Sugar (depending on how thick you want it)
- 10-12 drops essential oil
First, you will add the coconut oil to the mason jar. Then stir in the sugar (start with 1/4 cup and if you want it thicker then keep adding until you are happy with its consistency. You will add the drops of oil in last. Some of my favorite scent combinations for sugar scrubs are Lavender and Orange or Lemon and Peppermint.
For those men who like to wear something with a scent, a mild aftershave is a great gift. You will need:
- 1 2oz Bottle with dropper (can be purchased from Amazon)
- 2 oz Witch Hazel (I buy the one without alcohol… it can be purchased from any health food store and of course, Amazon).
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerin (can also be purchased from health food stores).
- 5 drops Orange essential oil
- 3 drops Sandalwood essential oil
Add the Witch Hazel to the bottle first. Then add the glycerin and lastly the drops of oil. Some other scent combinations can be Patchouli and Sandalwood, or Lemon and Cedarwood.
What kid doesn’t love Play Dough? Now you can give some away and it will smell good too! You will need:
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Colored Water
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tarter
- 5 drops Essential oil
- 1 air tight container to store it in
Combine all ingredients except the essential oil in a saucepan and stir until combined. Once combined, stir over medium heat until it forms a ball. Do not overheat or it will dry out. Remove from heat and let cool on waxed paper. Once cool, add the drops of essential oil of your choice and knead until thoroughly combined. Place in an airtight container.
Gift giving is fun but it can also be stressful. I hope I could add a few things to your list that will help reduce your stress and add something special to the lives of your loved ones! I hope you all have a very happy holiday!